Thursday, January 31, 2008

Let's Face It... I'm Fat

At one point in my life, I was completely in shape; and not the current circle I am today.

It didn't happen overnight and I didn't take the warning signs quite as seriously as I should have. I would eat, drink and be merry; excessively. Before I knew it, I had stretch marks and a beer belly not worth the effort of disguising.

After this was apparent to me, I joined the gym and told myself I was going to start eating better. Later that night, I ordered some Chinese food and blew off the gym for a relaxing movie night.

When I didn't lose weight, but gained more and more, I was frustrated.

"Why am I getting fat?! This is bullshit!"

It took no more than a glance at an old picture of me when I was first going into college to show me just how bad things had gotten. I've provided to you, these "before" and "today" pictures.

To the left, I present to you myself at age 20. To the right, I regretfully display my current disposition at age 22. Change is no longer an option... it's a necessity.


Soon enough, I plan on posting "after" pictures of my accomplishments.

So, with the help of this blog, I will be posting my progress as I exercise and eat better on a daily basis. I'm not looking for overnight results and I understand it's going to take a lot of discipline and hard work. That being said, I'm off to go run a few miles after a long day of classes.

Encouraging words and motivation [or random insults] are welcome to encourage me on this endeavor.

See ya soon,
Brad Beneski
[210 lbs.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay im the only one posting here...kind of awkward. But I felt obligated to say...GODSPEED MY FRIEND!